If you’re in need of a rehabilitation program but not sure what type is best for your recovery, then this post is for you!
Rehab programs can be geared towards specific needs such as drug addiction treatment or to treat people with behavioral disorders.
The Three Stages of a Rehabilitation Program
The First Level: The Basics
The first level is orienting addicts in terms of what they should expect during this period, called “rehabilitation.” This level is mostly about teaching addicts the basics of drug rehabilitation and recovery. This will help them to know what they are going up against so that they can avoid relapse later on.
The first step is detoxification. Detoxification takes place in a facility where addicts are safe from their former lifestyle and any potential harm they might face if they decide to go back to their old habits.
The Second Level: Behavior Modification
This level is designed for addicts who have been through detoxification and are now ready for main rehabilitation. During the first few months of this level, addicts will be dealing with pain issues, including headaches, anxiety, and cravings that they will have in order to learn how to handle the absence of drugs.
This process will also teach them how to manage stress and pain without turning to drugs for relief, as well as learning positive coping skills. The second level focuses on behavior modification which is where addicts are taught how to live life in a healthy manner based on non-drug-related activities.
The Third Level: Long Term Rehabilitation
The third level is designed for addicts who have completed the basic and intermediate levels of rehabilitation program treatment. During this stage, they will be given individualized treatment plans that are customized to their needs.
This will allow them to take responsibility for their recovery, unlike in lower levels where the focus is on maintaining sobriety by taking a group approach. Patients are also encouraged to practice suggestions and coping techniques in order to build a strong defense against relapse.
Different types of rehabilitation programs
Besides these six levels of drug rehabilitation programs, there are also different types of rehabilitation programs. These include:
1. Detox treatment– This is really a process whereby the person addicted to drugs will be brought down from the effects of these illegal substances. Detoxification programs are also often referred to as detox clinics. These are usually short-term programs that last for about five to seven days.
2. Residential/In-House Program (I.H) -This is the most intensive form of an addiction rehabilitation program. This type of program is not suitable for everybody, as it requires addicts to completely give up their lives for a period of time in order to be able to focus solely on getting well. It is also suited for those in need of a long-term treatment program since it can last anywhere from 28 -45 days.
3. Partial hospitalization day treatment- This is a program that requires its patients to go for therapy sessions during the day and then return home at night. The length of this treatment program varies depending on how well the patient is doing and it can last from 38 to 45 days.
4. Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (O.R) -This type of program is for addicts who have completed a stay at detoxification and need further treatment to help them recover. Outpatient facilities allow patients in this program to live at home while going through outpatient therapy.
This is suitable for addicts who are still able to hold down a job and manage their own lives while undergoing treatment. Treatment usually lasts from 30 to 90 or more days depending on the person’s medical condition and his progress in the program.
5. Halfway or sober living– These programs usually last from 6 months to 2 years and these are low-cost housing for people on the road to recovery.
A good rehabilitation center will be able to provide addicts with everything they need in order to get well. This includes medical care for any physical symptoms, therapy to address psychological issues, and peer support from other recovering addicts.
What is private rehab?
Private rehab centers are good for those who have the resources to pay for intensive treatment. They will be able to provide the best of care and access to facilities that one does not have in conventional rehab centers. Private treatment programs are also good for people who want to get away from it all and immerse themselves in recovery for their own reasons. These facilities will only accept those who have insurance or the means to pay for their treatment.
It’s important that addicts are properly prepared for rehab so that they can stay focused on their goal, which is getting clean and staying sober to live a healthy life.
To find the right rehab for yourself, it’s important to figure out what type of addiction rehabilitation program is best suited for your needs. We recommend seeking help from a therapist or specialist who can guide you through this process.
If all else fails, we’re always here with advice and resources! We at The addictions coach offer private rehabilitation programs as well as a variety of other treatment options depending on what is best for each individual’s situation. Reach out anytime on our contact page.