6 Signs you have a FOOD ADDICTION and what you can do to combat it by Cali Estes, The Addictions Coach. 1.800.706.0318
1. You sneak food. You find yourself hiding in the bathroom eating a cupcake so that no one else you work with will know that you are eating several cupcakes or cheating on your diet. You stick food from the buffet in your purse, hoard candy or snacks in your desk. You might starve yourself all day and find yourself alone at night eating pints of ice cream.
2. You are a serial dieter. You try all the fad diets, vowing to stick out the program, but fall short. You set up a new one each Monday and never seem to get past a few days before you ‘slip up’ and eat foods off the list. You ‘get back on the wagon’ and start over next week.
3. You use food as a reward. You get a promotion, you buy a cake and eat the whole thing.
4. You use food as a distraction. You have a paper to write and you find yourself mindlessly eating while you type. You are not even hungry, but it is a good distraction so you can ‘work’ and before you know it you ate the entire bag of chips, box of cereal, pizza or whatever other food you are indulging in.
5. You plan activities and driving around food and where to buy it. You might deter your route so that you can drive by a fast food joint that has your favorite tacos.
6. You eat to remove a feeling that is uncomfortable, irritating or bothersome. Eating somehow stuffs the feelings down and makes you feel better for a short time.
So what do you do? You get a Food Addictions Coach and start the healing process. We can help you with that. Call 1.800.706.0318 www.theaddictionscoach.com to get help today or to get certified in Food Addictions Coaching and help others!