5 Reasons why Telehealth is the new norm and why we LOVE it.
With the COVID-19 lockdown in full swing, most people are feeling the impact of their daily lives changing. The normality of getting up, grabbing a coffee and breakfast before you drop the kids at school and you head to work, is not the normal anymore. The kids are home, work is at the kitchen table and you can forget the gym or yoga class that you looked forward to each week, unless you watch it on TV or live stream it. Social distancing is the new norm, and everyone is afraid that life as they knew it is simply over.
So, enter Telehealth.
Telehealth is the ability for you to talk to a therapist, counselor, doctor or a recovery coach by Skype, phone or another online portal. You can access help quickly and securely without worrying you will miss an appointment.
Here are 5 top reasons Telehealth is a GOOD thing and why you should try it.
- You can wear your PJ’s in session. I had a client that literally rolled out of bed and hopped on the call. He was in his PJ’s drinking his coffee and we were planning his day and covering his goals. He loved the fact that he didn’t have to get dressed and drive to my office.
- No anxiety at home. They say home is where the heart is, and most people feel totally relaxed at home. I find that my clients are able to talk more freely and open when they are comfortable and not stuck in a clinical office. My clients love to relax on their beds, outside at their pool or anywhere they feel safe and we get a lot more done this way.
- Confidentiality. Not having to go to an office with a sign that screams THERAPIST, I NEED HELP is a wonderful thing. It really humanizes what I do.
- No commute. This alone is beautiful. No drive time, no issues finding parking, sitting at red lights or stuck in any traffic mess. No dealing with angry drivers, road rage or being late because you are rushing to get to the appointment.
- Time. You really gain more hours in a day by hopping on a Telehealth call and then getting to work, checking email, feeding your kids or getting right into your day. This saves you hours and you can maximize your day by jumping right in.
Hi! I am Dr. Cali Estes and I am CEO and Founder of The Addictions Coach. I have been 100% VIRTUAL Telehealth for 8 years. I work from home and my clients love the ease of use and access to me and the services I provide in both therapy and life coaching. With Telehealth, I can tailor my services to the clients needs in the exact moment that we are working, and I get faster and better results because there is no time constraint. My clients can hop on a Telehealth call and hop off and go right to work with no drive time and no commute.